A short note on (set! *debug* #t)

From: Michael Hohn <hohn_at_math.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:41:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi guys,

I just finished the first part of a translator using macros almost
exclusively. For debugging, I used (set! *debug* #t) -- this was a
big mistake. Have a look at the time taken:

Using (set! *debug* #t)
      Time: 283.33ms
   GC time: 83.33ms
     Cells: 116825
with (set! *debug* #t), I get
      Time: 32266.67ms
   GC time: 6883.33ms
     Cells: 11029754

That's a factor of 113! Waiting 0.3 seconds is no problem, but
32 seconds...

Happy inlining,
Received on Mon Jan 17 2000 - 22:42:29 CET

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Mon Jul 21 2014 - 19:38:59 CEST